Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Help!

BRANCHes are only a way to connect components together.  Every component listed
on a BRANCH must exist elsewhere in the idf file.  In this case the first error
message indicates that it could not find a PIPE object with the name
"INLETSIDE".

However, for your system, you do not need any PIPE objects.  The branch for the
air loop should contain things such as a fan and coils and possibly an outside
air system.  For an example of a simulation with low temp electric radiant
heat, see RadLoTempElecTermReheat.idf

Mike

On 28 Jan 2005, at 7:51, shirely213 wrote:

> Dear all:
>
>   AirLoop Main Branch1                  AirLoopMain Branch2
> 3                      1 RadiantPanel 2                     4
> Node List:
> 1£ºEQUIPINLETNODE
> 2£ºEQUIPOUTLETNODE
> 3£ºZONE1OUTLETNODE
> 4£ºZONE1INLETNODE
>   My system¡¯s sketch map is above. It is a radiant panel system
> without outside air. Now ,in my idf file ,there are some errors in my
> BRANCH ,the ERR says:
> ** Severe  ** During Branch Input, Invalid Component Name
> input=INLETSIDE
>    **   ~~~   ** Component type=PIPE
>    **   ~~~   ** Occurs on Branch=AIR LOOP MAIN BRANCH1
>    ** Severe  ** During Branch Input, Invalid Component Name
> input=OUTLETSIDE
>    **   ~~~   ** Component type=PIPE
>    **   ~~~   ** Occurs on Branch=AIR LOOP MAIN BRANCH2
>   The Component Name is just asked to be unique in the
> ¡°InputOutputReference.pdf¡±. Why is it invalid? And thanks for
> checking my BRANCH and LOOP, I am not very sure if it is right. Is my
> system¡¯s sketch map is in reason?
>
>   The Branch compenent should be FANS¡¢CIOLS or others. In my
> system ,there is just a radiant panel ,must I have some BRANCHES?
>
>   Can you give me some advices on the AIRLOOP of my system?
>
>   I have sent on my .idf file .
>
>   Thanks a lot !

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is: