[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: the condenser fan energy for air-cooled chiller

Dear,
Thanks again for your reply. Now I know the condenser fan electric
consumption is included on the meters Electricity:Plant and
Cooling:Electricity.When I set the condenser fan power ratio greater
than 0, I can get Chiller Electric Consumption and Chiller Cond Fan
Electric Consumption from the report variable of Electricity:HVAC or
Electricity:Plant. I wonder how can I get the Chiller Electric
Consumption and Chiller Cond Fan Electric Consumption, respectively.
How can I specify the report varibles for these two varibles in the
item of Report MeterFileOnly in the IDF file?

Sincerely,

Stewart

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Raustad
<RRaustad@F...> wrote:
> Check manufacturers product catalog data for specific chiller
> information. The condenser fan power ratio (Fan Power [W] /
Nominal
> Capacity [W]) varies among different chiller types, chiller sizes,
and
> fan selection.  Use 0.01 to get you started.
>
> beyangj wrote:
>

> > Dear,
> > Thank you very much for your reply, your advice is very helpful.
Now
> > I still have a question, namely, which is the proper value of the
> > condenser fan power ratio?
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Stewart
> >
> > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "donbshireyiii"
> > <shirey@f...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Adding to the previous response...
> > >
> > > As has been noted several times in previous e-mail support
> > > look at the meter details file (*.mtd). This file shows what
report
> > > variables are on which meters and vice versa -- which meters
> > contain
> > > what report variables (see OutputDetailsAndExamples.pdf, page
54 of
> > > the pdf or numbered page 42, item "eplusout.mtd"). If you are
using
> > > EP-Launch, push F12 to see the .mtd file for the input data
file
> > > (.idf) that you are using.
> > >
> > > --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Raustad
> > > Electric
> > outputs
> > > only be
> > > greater

> > consumption
> > energy
> > > includes

> > http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> > The group web site is:
> >
> > Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> > appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

subject=Unsubscribe>