Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Passive houses: Subsoil heat exchanger and heat recovery

There are some restrictions on how certain components and loops can be
combined.  Can you send me a schematic diagram of the system you are trying to
model?  A copy of the idf file would also be helpful.  Files may be uploaded to
the files area in the yahoo group, or sent as an e-mail attachment to
energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx.  The error message indicates that
Node="Recup_Out_R_B0" has not been specified as a zone return air node in a
CONTROLLED ZONE EQUIP CONFIGURATION object.

Mike

On 14 Mar 2005, at 16:24, massimiliano_scarpa wrote:

> Good morning/evening to You all.
> I am an Italian Ph.D. Student in Energetics, so I apologize for my
> rough English.
> I am going to use EnergyPlus for studying Passive Houses.
> The plant I would like to simulate is reduced to an air loop,
> composed by:
> - 1 Subsoil heat exchanger (passed through by the outside air) per
> building, for preheating (in winter) or precooling (in summer) the
> outside air stream
> - 1 fan per flat
> - 1 Heat exchanger per flat
>
> This way, the Air loop is composed by the Outside Air Mixer alone.
> The Supply Air Path has a Supply plenum that simulates the subsoil
> heat exchanger with appropriate boundary conditions (since a Subsoil
> heat exchanger Routine is not present) and is connected to the zone
> equipment of each flat.
> The Return Air Path consists of a Return Mixer that collects the
> return airflow from each flat.
> Finally, each flat has the following zone distribution parts: 1 fan,
> 1 VAV NoReheat, the supply side of the Heat Recovery Flat Plate
> Exchanger, the zone itself and the secondary side of the Heat
> Recovery Flat Plate Exchanger.
>
> Unfortunately, for each flat I receive the such error:
> <<Error in Node="Recup_Out_R_B0", Inlet node did not find an
> appropriate matching "outlet" node
> Reference object=Zone mixer, Name=Mixer>>
>
> At this point, I wonder whether the return part of the Zone
> equipment accepts heat recovery units or not.
> I know there is the ERV Stand Alone for similar purposes, but it
> acts on the mere exhaust air stream, not on the return air stream. I
> need the air loop for using the plenum, instead. The plenum, in
> fact, allows me to take into account the thermal inertia of the
> ground and its possible overheating (in summer) or overcooling (in
> winter), due to a short length of the Subsoil heat exchanger.
> So I see two possible solutions:
> 1) To simulate the subsoil heat exchanger in another way, but the
> only one I find reasonable is the use of an appropriate heat
> exchanger that precools or preheats the outside air. But this way I
> could not take into account the thermal saturation of the ground.
> 2) To use the ERV and the Air Loop together. So the Outside Air
> enters through the Outside Air Mixer, then goes to the zone and
> exits through the exhaust stream path. The return air has a flow
> rate equal to 0 and is a fictious link to the Return Air Path. Could
> it be right?
>
> Have You a better way for dealing with this kind of simulation?
>
> I thank You all for Your Kind Attention and hope in good news
>
> Massimiliano Scarpa

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links