Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Oversized equipment

You mentioned "flowrate/capacity" out of range, so I presume that you are
modeling a DX cooling system.  When a DX system is oversized, normally the
supply air flow rate is increased proportionally to the DX cooling capacity, so
the flowrate/capacity ratio will not be out of range.  You can keep the outside
air flow rate the same by seeting the minimum outside air flow rate in the
outside air controller to the original value.

Now, if you are trying to model a system that conditions 100% outside air (with
no return air) and you want to exceed the normal range of capacity/flowrate,
there are two options.  One is to simply ignore the capacity/flowrate warnings,
but there is increasing uncertainty in results as you get further away from the
limits.  The other approach is to put two DX coils in series, so that th
capacity/flowrate for each individual coil is within the range acceptable to
the model, but the overall capacity of the system is now greater.

Mike

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM