Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Low Temperature Radiant System Hydronic

In any LOAD RANGE BASED object, it is recommended that the last load range
value be a very large number.  This way the equipment will operate, even if it
is not large enough to meet the current (or accumulated load if the loop
setpoint is drifting).  So, if you set this to be something like 10MW, the
system should never shut off due to load range.

In this input file, the PURCHASED:HOT WATER capacity is set to 4000 W.  The
simulation should meet the hot water loop demand up to 4000W.  If the demand
exceeds 4000 W, then the loop temperature will fall and the space temperature
will fall.  When the demand becomes lower, then the temperatures should
recover.

Mike

On 24 Aug 2006 at 15:29, volkerbrendler wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> we tried to simulate a low temperature radiant system hydronic with
> purchased heating and without any other equipment. We only have a plant
> loop and want to see the energy consumption of the whole system. We
> know that the heating demand of our building should be 6.4kW (external
> calculation). So we set the purchased heating to that value. We want to
> simulate the temperature pattern in the four zones as a result of the
> calculated heating power. The problem is that e+ uses the value of the
> heating load range based operation. If we set the value to 6400 W the
> program turned off the simulation because the demand is higher than the
> entered value. Is there a chance that the program only uses the
> purchased heating value even if the demand is higher than that value?
>
> We loaded up the idf file and the weather file for our problem. The
> folder called -LowTempRadSysHydr-
>
> Please have a look at our file
> Thanks for any idea!!!

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support