[EnergyPlus_Support] A question about purchased chilled and hot water

Dear All,

  I have a question about the energy use of purchased chilled and hot water. When I use purchased chilled and hot was as the plant. I got the energy use data from Report meter/ Cooling:purchased cooling and Heating: purchased heating. I am not sure about the energy use reported is energy end use or not.

  Based on my understanding, I guess the energy use reported here is the chilled water and hot water energy use, not the energy end use. For example, the reported annual Cooling:purchased cooling  is 60GJ and Heating: purchased heating is 100 GJ. If we assume the chiller COP is 3 and boiler efficiency is 80%, then the electricity use for cooling should be 60J/3=20 GJ and natural gas energy use for boiler is 100J/0.8=125 GJ. I am wondering weather this method is correct or not?

  Because I have to calculate the CO2 emission based on different energy sources, I have to convert the purchased chilled and hot water to energy end uses.

  Thank you very much for your advices.

  Regards,

  Zhen