Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Window AC or Unitary - Coil:DX:CoolingBypassFactorEmpirical

Answering questions from this and three prior messages.

1.  Version 1.4 and version 2.0 can both be installed on the same computer with
no problem as long as they are installed in different folders, such as
EnergyPlusV1-4-0 and EnergyPlusV2-0-0.

2.  The RDD output file is created by putting the following command in the idf
file and running the simulation:  REPORT, Variable Dictionary;

3.  Colored cells in IDF Editor indicate a value which is outside the range of
the max and min values for that particular field.  This has nothing to do with
output results.

4.  When ZONE SIZING or SYSTEM SIZING objects are present in the input file,
design day environments will always be run as part of the sizing calculations.
This is true even if some or all of the autosized values are overriden using
"Flow/zone" or other options.

5.  Regarding airflow rate errors.  Coil:DXCoolingBypassFactorEmpirical and AIR
CONDITIONER:WINDOW:CYCLING are intended for modeling single-speed constant-
volume cooling units.  Per the Input Output Reference, there is a limited range
of valid flow rate to cooling capacity ratios.  There is no current model for
DX system with multiple fan  speeds.  The alternative is to use a DX VAV system
with COIL:DX:MultiSpeed:CoolingEmpirical, but this requires continous fan
operation.  See example file 5ZoneAutoDXVAV.idf.

Mike

On 22 Apr 2007 at 23:54, ooikoonbeng2004 wrote:

> Hi Linda,
>
> A 7.04KW CU-C24CTH National Panasonic air conditioner is used on the
> BS1 zone. i was informed, that the rated air volume is 0.253m3/s. My
> rough measurements with an AirFlow anemometer, was 0.197379,
> 0.221949 and 0.235053 for low, med and high fan speeds.
>
> When 0.253 was entered into the Coil:DXCoolingBypassFactorEmpirical,
> many understandable out of range errors appeared. But even if i
> changed to a higher figure to be within the range allowed by E+,
> still a few thousand out of range errors appeared. i shall try again
> in a month's time.
>
> ooi
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Linda Lawrie <linda@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > Rated Total Cooling Capacity would be the "required" total cooling
> > capacity in an autosized run.  You might need to find a
> manufacturer
> > that has that "rated cooling capacity" for the unit.
> >
> > Autosized component results are put on the .eio file.
> >

> > Linda
> >
> > EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
> > Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list
> > Member: EnergyPlus Development Team

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx