RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Environmental Impact Factors & Fuel Factors

If what you say is true, then the TDV functionality described in the literature is not functional because the emissions will not change no matter what the scheduled values are.

  Does this also that the emission factors as listed in the literature by state for electricity will not yield acceptable results unless they are multiplied by the source energy factor outside of energy plus?

"Michael J. Witte" <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
          My understanding is that all of the Fuel Factors are per unit of end-use
energy. There is no interaction between the various factors. I will make a
note to add some clarification to the documentation.

So, for electricity, a reduction in transmission losses would require a
proportional change to all of the fuel factors for electricity.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx