[EnergyPlus_Support] Control of OnOff Fan

Hello.
For the system I created with Compact: HVAC: Fan Coil (I'm already
working with the expanded file):
- If I want to shut off the fan when no heating or cooling is required,
can I use Fan: Simple: OnOff ?
- I tried to create this alternative object (I assigned it the same
nodes as were defined in the default Fan: Simple: ConstVolume object)
and substitute it into the Fan Coil: 4 pipe,
- but I can't understand, from the Help files, waht is the principle to
actually control the fan so as to make it turn off when no
cooling/heating is necessary.
Can you help me?

Regards,
Ana Rui.