[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: modelling night sky cooling

I have got a few questions about night sky cooling:

- Can we use GROUND HEAT EXCHANGER:Surface ?  Does this model use sky
temperature? We don't want to use the "pond" model because our
surface will be dry.

- How is determined the sky temperature in the design day? Can we
control it? I could't find it in the engineering manual.

- Are the sky tempeatures included in the weather file realistic? I
was expecting night summer sky temperatures below -20ºC for clear days
and the temperatures I have seen are above 0ºC. What is the usual
range of sky temperatures for a summer night in mid lattitud place?
(I am sorry for the off-topic).

Thanks.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"