From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Yuen Li
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:45 PM
To: energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] open idf fiel with excel

I agree with your suggestion, Linda. Even with Wordpad you need to make
sure that the file is saved back in 'plain text' format.

The Wordpad does not recognise the extension .idf. Therefore, you must
specify the format after making any changes.

If you use Wordpad only to print the .idf file, make sure you do not
save the file after printing, when asked by the PC.

I do not trust the IDFEditor 100% also. It is too smart sometimes, by
removing or changing some listing order of the items.

Keep a back up file, before doing any changes.

Dr. Li. ( I was the only E+ user on a Windows'98 last year, now I am
using a VISTA PC )