RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] CHP simulation example?

You should probably wait for the next release, the new example file
should be just what you are after.  The IEA/ECBCS Annex 42 web site
(www.cogen-sim.net) has reports with some limited measure data for model
input (see Experimental Investigation of Residential Cogeneration
Devices and Calibration of Annex 42 Models).  This is what was used in
the new example file that is coming soon.  Annex 42 is just now
finishing up and EnergyPlus version 2.2 will be the first version with a
complete implementation and public example file for the Micro CHP model.

You don't have to use all the coefficients of the triquadratic, just
zero out terms you don't want to use.  In fact Annex 42 experts don't
use all the terms. You can even model constant efficiencies by just
using the first constant coefficient and zeroing out the rest.  But the
more complex curve is available if/when someone or some type of device
needs a more complex performance relationship.