[EnergyPlus_Support] Energy Plus vs TRNSYS

Dear group members,

I'm a beginner user of building energy simulation programs, and I used
till now TRNSYS 16. I am thinking to pass to another energy simulation
program, as I am not very satisfied of TRNSYS.

I was thinking then to Energy+, but I am wondering about some questions:

1)	Which are the main differences between the TRNSYS "philosophy" and
the Energy+ one?
2)	I read that Energy+ uses the transfer function to simulate the
building envelope. What does it means? Is this different to the
approach considering U-values and thermal mass of walls?
3)	I read also that Energy+ is only a simulation engine, while the
graphical interface must be provided by a thirst part. Does it exist
any free graphical interface, in order to test if Energy+ is adapt to
my needs?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Marcello Caciolo