Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Interior windows, opaque surfaces

David,

I see non-zero values for "Zone Beam Solar from Interior Windows" in my
runs.  Be sure you are requesting this for the interior zone, and that
you are looking at days and times when direct beam solar through the
exterior window can hit the interior window (e.g., winter low sun angles
for south-facing windows in the northern hemisphere).

"Zone Diff Solar from Interior Windows" as of Version 2.1 is only the
diffuse solar that has been reflected from interior surfaces in the
exterior zone before being transmitted through the interior window into
the adjacent zone.  So it is no longer analogous to the above variable
for beam solar.  Request this for the same interior zone as "Zone Beam
Solar from Interior Windows".

Whereas "Initial Transmitted Diffuse Solar Transmitted Out through
Inside of Window Surface" is the diffuse solar transmitted through an
exterior window that is incident on, and then transmitted through, an
interior window.  Request this for the interior window that is hosted by
the interior wall in the exterior zone (i.e., not the interior window
from the interior zone side).

Clear as mud, right?

Rob
========