To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: bernd.worm@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 02:31:33 -0700
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: non-planar

Hello Dr. Li, hello Linda,
Thank you very much for your help and your advices.
 I didn?t know the Helpdesk, but I think this will help me very much.

> I am interested to know what is the  surfaces as part of a thermal activated concrete       > ceiling.
> Were you trying to include the thermal expansion variation into the surface dimension     > entries?

> Normally, ceiling is flat.  If one side is flat and the other surface changes, you can use the > flat surface and leave the other side undefined.

Let me try to describe the ceiling and where the problem comes from:

The geometry of the building I have to simulate is therefore tricky, because it is build out of a half ellipse and a half circle. In the circle area there is no problem with the ceiling, but in the ellipse section. The ceiling has a normal height of 3.54 m but at the connection to the façade it goes up to 3.75 m. The distance to the façade is 1.8 m at that point. This is because between the ceiling and the floor in the next level there is a 40 cm hollow floor for the installations.