Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] "design day" simulation

The 8 - 20 case has to "catch up" - there is heat stored in the building which has been removed by
the 24 hour case. I recommend using the 24 hour case so that you are not sizing on the startup peak.

Fred Buhl

Yunjie Liu wrote:
Dear all:
I am trying to simulate the building load for the design day, and I simulated 2 times, one is cooling for the whole day, while another is cooling from 8:00 to 20:00. Two questions surprised me, first why the load is different from 8:00 to 20:00 for the two, second why the load at the beginning is larger than other time for the latter. I attached a picture for my questions.
Many thanks if any one can help!

Yunjie