Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Trouble in energy plus

There is an example file named "EcoroofOrlando.idf"  that should be helpful.

Alan Jackson wrote:
I had a quick look at the idf. For starters I would make sure that
your internal gains are all input, it appears you have accounted for
occupancy only. also you should look at inputting some infiltration
and likely some ventilation. All these will require schedules which
you have not defined yet, so that is very important also.

then go ahead and set up you design objects for zone sizing etc.

At that point you should be able to add a thermostat and compact hvac
or purchased air if you just want to compare load reduction. and do a
design day run to check if it runs.

As far as outputs you will need to add some reports. check an example
file or the input/output readme for that one.

As always take a look at a similar example file and make sure that you
have accounted for all the objects that are in the example file (for
the most part). (under c:\<install path>\ExampleFiles\) look for the
excel file for more info.

good luck!

-
alan

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sze Ming Yu <szeming@...>
wrote:

hi, i doing some research on energy saving by using greenroof on the

top of building. but i have no idea  to get those result of energy
saving from energy plus program. therefore, would you mind to tell me
which part in energy plus is consist this calculation or any example
in the program is almost like my part of doing this kind of stuff.

my model is a 2 storys small building with several windows and door

which i divided into three zone to compare the result after and before
using the greenroof technology

the detail of that three zone i have already added in IDF editor,

and i'll attach my idf file for your reference also with the detail
diagram of the structure

for the other major problem, i don't know what kind of other thing i

need to take acount in the energyplus IDF Editor  to finish the IDF
file before i simulate the file by EP-launch such as how can i add the
air conditionar in to my idf file and what else i should add in the file?

I looking forward for your kindly help for me .

Best Regards