Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Surface heat flux interpretation

I believe the R-Value material still has some effective mass built in to ensure program stability.  This would cause variation.  Plot the E+ results with your steady state results for one day and see if there is a nice shift.  If the shift is there, the diff is probably the mass, if the shift is not the difference then there is something else going on.

To have better control of the mass, you could consider using a regular material and specifying smaller and smaller specific heats until the program gives you something close to the steady state answer you are requesting.  However, stability issues may again come into play.

Edwin