RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Does anybody know how to model an ideal room without heat loss

Hi, Qun  (æ?¥?)

I have help several research students to continue working with EPlus and are now either finding it too difficult or can carry on by themselves.  I am still in torch with them from time to time.

If you are seriously thinking of using EPlus for post graduate research, I can spend some time to guide you through.

However, if you are not willing to look at the Getting Started examples and then ask questions on more specific issues, I think, it will be difficult to succeed in using this comprehensive research tool.

I know how to create from scratch, an IDF file including a HVAC in the room with several DX air conditioners, coolers and an air plenum in the room, using a text editor.

Depends on what you are looking for, the IDF can be very simple, and can be very complex.

By complex, I mean that the system can be temperature controlled and dependent on the number of people in the room, the amount lights, equipments, etc.   The amount of fresh air can  be controlled.  The window blinds can be controlled by the external lighting condition.  A building can have many such zones, individually controlled.

There are more then 200 example files to choose from, in the ExampleFiles.xls.

EPlus is not a simple calculator which allows you to enter the floor area, the number of windows facing East and West, and out comes the Type and Brand of the air conditioner unit you should buy for the room.

I am a retired Electrical Engineering Professor serving this group as my hobby, and you may have noticed that I answered your question differently from the others.

If you are still interested, please ask more specific questions, when you have run a number of examples.  You can easily modified the IDF to suit your need with some hard work to learn the simulation language.

 Dr. Li