From: "James V Dirkes II, PE" <jvd2pe@xxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Fernando Silva <pintodasilva.fernando@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, March 30, 2010 3:00:20 PM
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Problems with Heat Pump AirToWater

Dear Fernando,

Some more thoughts:

·         WaterHeater: Mixed shows an outdoor air node â??HPWHPlantTank OA Nodeâ??.  This node is not included in your outdoor air NodeList.  I do not know if thatâ??s a problem, though.

·         Your fan is upstream of the DX coil, so itâ??s different than the IO Reference example, but I do not think that is a problem.

·         The IO Reference discussion for the for WaterHeater: HeatPump says,

I do not think that you have your nodes connected to the plant loop, so perhaps that is the problem.

I cannot spend more time on this problem today, but I hope that I have been some small assistance.  I am happy to help as time permits!

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., LEED AP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504