[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: earthtube "exhaust" type model - volume output

This is because the report variable “EarthTube-Volume Flow Rate” has a bug.  This is fixed in the next release. (It had been registered as Sum type variable instead of a State).  The model is okay, just the reporting.  You could report EarthTube-Volume [m3] and then calculate rates.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Georgios KOKOGIANNAKIS
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:08 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] earthtube "exhaust" type model - volume output

Hi,

I have an earthtube “exhaust” type model. The design flow rate is 0.055556 m3/s (equivalent to 200 m3/h), the “constant term flow coefficient” is 1 and the other 3 coefficients are 0. The air flow schedule is 100% every day from 9.00am to 17.00pm.

I look the results and I see that the volume output is not always 200m3 for every working hour of the simulation (i.e. from 9am to 5pm). There are cases where the volume is, for example, 150 m3, 166.7 m3, etc.

Do you know why I do not get always 200m3 at my output?

Best regards,

Georgios

This email has been scanned by the Altman Email Security System. For more information please visit www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems