RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Air Exhaust from zones problem

"If both the above schedules are given values of 1.0, the system works at 100% outdoor air"

This statement is not correct, because by setting the multiplier to 1 does not define the quantity of flow.  1 of zero is still zero.

My argument was that the intake air must all flow through the fan and the zone and then exhaust to satisfy the 100% fresh air condition.

Therefore, you make the OA intake rate,(volume) the same as the fan rate.  If the fan is not supplied with  the air quantity you want, then what is the 100% you are referring to.

Any volume of air that is not supplied by the OA inlet is made up by return air or other means, so that the OA mixer node will satisfy the fan flow requirement, and the 100% fresh air condition is not met.

This argument is not system dependent, excep the Fan.  If there is no fan, no wind there is no fresh air..

 Dr. Li