RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: bothering question @ 4ZoneWithShading_Simple_1.idf

Hi, Linda

Your suggestion works with IDF without rotation of the North axis.

Shading:Site, Shading:Building
These objects are used to describe rectangular shading elements that are external to the
building. Examples are trees, high fences, near-by hills, and neighboring buildings.

If relative coordinates are used (ref: Field: Coordinate System in GlobalGeometryRules),
shading surfaces entered with Shading:Site remain stationary if the building is rotated,

whereas those entered with Shading:Building rotate with the building. If world coordinates are
used Shading:Site and Shading:Building are equivalent.

The above is from the IO manual.

The example used the Shading:Site  for bushes, and therefore it must not be rotated, unless the bushes are entered with Shading:Site:Detailed   format for the vertices.

 Dr. Li

> To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:01:18 -0600
> Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: bothering question @
> 4ZoneWithShading_Simple_1.idf
>

> It's been a while since I made this sample file.
>
> The rectangular surfaces default to being relative to zone origin, as
you
> can see from the .eio file:
>
> ! <SurfaceGeometry>,Starting Corner,Vertex Input Direction,Coordinate
> System,Daylight Reference Point Coordinate System,Rectangular (Simple)
> Surface Coordinate System
> Surface

Geometry,UpperLeftCorner,Counterclockwise,WorldCoordinateSystem,RelativeCoordinateSystem,RelativeToZoneOrigin