you can change the material variables with many parametric variables which is thickness is one of them.
for names you can set parametric SUFFIX.
REZA

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Shady Attia <chadiattia@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you James,

I agree with you. In fact i just took a bad example, but I meant : how can I run parametric simulations for different constructions. I want to know if EP can grab the constructions as a whole or can EP only simulate particular values (U or thicknesses) ?From: jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 12:23:27 -0500
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] parametric simulations for different materials

Dear Shady,

Insulation that is contained within a wall generally has low mass, at least low enough not to significantly affect the mass-influenced time lag through the wall system.  For that reason, I doubt that you will see a difference between modeling specific materials and just specifying different conductance values.

I think you could easily run any conductance value using the parametric processor, just as you already did for thickness.

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., LEED AP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504