Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] HVAC Templates

Hey Dr. Li,

First of all, thank you for this detailed answer, I really do appreciate this.  I'm am a beginner and that is why I work with HVAC Templates only for now. However, I will check out PTAC and Unitary Templates as you suggested. Anyways, I'll try to keep my silly questions short!

1. You have confirmed to me that my Availability Schedule is correct and that my system is working on Weekdays 08-20h, but what about Summer/WinterDesignDays? Are they not included within my CompactSchedule? Regarding them I do not know what safety temperature guards for Summer/WinterDDays are? What do you mean by that?

2. I understand that Type 4 Thermostat is connected with DualSetpoint field, but I don't understand how and where does it comes to play if I'm using HVAC Templates only for now? As I remember I have no Control Type Schedule input in all of HVAC Template classes. I'm obviously missing something and I'm not sure where does this all fits in.

3. Regarding the "chase" phrase, I meant pretty much what you said. Now when I run annual weather file simulation, I will get a building energy consumption that consists of periods of time when my system was actually working.

P.S. To save us all from further confusion, I've attached complete IDF file for you to look at when you grab some free time.

Thanks
Bobby