Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Help a student for an HVAC modelling on E+

Hi Xavier,

I agree with Pedro in that some engineering knowledge of the terminology and applications in HVAC systems is the first step. I don't know about you, but this applied tacit knowledge is something that I did not receive from my university education (unless one takes special courses in HVAC). As was recommended, check within your faculty, and it might even be useful to ask the campus building facilities manager. There are also references you can get from the library like the "Handbook of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration" or "2008 ASHRAE Handbook?HVAC Systems and Equipment ". Once you have properly classified your equipment, take a look at the EnergyPlus documentation and see if you can match the simulation models to your description, hopefully you will have HVAC Template Objects that you can use.

Cheers,

Marcus
--
Marcus Jones,  M.Sc., LEED®AP BD+C