RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Air Flow Mixing

 Comments below.  Draw a diagram for your system and compare with those in the EPlus manuals.

I canno really follow what you wanted to do.

Dr. Li

To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: germanaregis@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 05:18:10 -0800
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Air Flow Mixing

Maybe it could be a good idea but I must mix the airflows before entering an HVAC system dedicated to the first zone.
I can explain better.
The idea is to mix part of the return flow of the second zone with the inlet flow entering the first zone to reduce the energy consumption.  Your first zone sounds like the OA mixer function.  Fresh air from the environment to the inlet node (first zone) and is mixed with the air from the return air node (send zone).  The mixed air appears at the mixed air node.

The difference may be the equipment in the first zone.  Why do you call the return air in the first zone "pollutant"?   Why is the second zone not poluted?

I can't recirculate the air stream returning from the first zone because the process is pollutant, so I need to extract hot air from the neighboring zone and mix it with outdoor air.
But I don't know if it is possible to connect the two fluxes and how.
Thanck you very much!