RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Problem with results of a simulation

After running your IDF, I found that you have many unusual features.

The DesignDay temperature range is zero.  The temperature is constant for the whole day.

Infiltratin is very high, so that Winter cold air and Summer hot air are added to your load.

You have very high internal load in Summer.  Therefore high cooling rate.  Check the schedule for Winter.

Window heat gain and loas are in the order of 5kw each  This adds to your heating and cooling load.

Ground temperature was not endered and assumed to be 18°C.  This is keeping your zone temperature high in Winter.  No heating required at night. (higher than 10°C)
I have change some of the schedules and designDay data, and report variables to test the simulation.  The infiltration is turned off, and the DesignDay data is from the .ddy file.  OA minimum fow is also zero.  The heating and cooling rate are now accountable.

the .csv and .idf are attached.

If you are learning to design the building do not use fancy schedules, people, clothings, etc.

Make sure that the building is cool in Summer and warm in Winter, and then add a little HVAC to increase comfort.

Simulation with different equipment will not improve energy usage.

 Dr. Li

P.S.  for Richard

Are you saying  that if the actual type 4 on/off (high/low) setpoint is used for sizing, the maximum available flow rate would be higher, and a temperature change can be met faster.  When the peak flow is limited,  the fast temperture rise  becomes a rounded temperature rise in the simulation, as in most VAV cases.