Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Meteonorm file for Bogota, Colombia

Some other file wouldn't help you.

Option 1. Use your real time data with the IWEC file, according to the procedure for modifying an EPW file:
The easiest way is:
1) run the weather converter on the original file  (the IWEC data)
2) convert the file to "EnergyPlus CSV"
3) open the EnergyPlus CSV file in your favorite spreadsheet program.
4) make the mods, saving it as CSV from the spreadsheet program.  (put in your real time data)
5) run the weather converter again, this time selecting the CSV and make sure the File type is "EnergyPlus CSV"
6) convert it to EPW.

if your regional settings aren't like US, you could run into a couple of problems, such as the spreadsheet program changing the DataPeriods line from 1/1, 12/31 to 01-Jan -- you'd need to hand edit that before step 5

Option 2.
There are also built in algorithms to take the 0 solar data and fill it in according to some parameters in the EnergyPlus weather converter.

1) create a def (definitions) file to process your real time data
2) run it with the Energyplus weather converter to create a simple 1 month file
3) Review the statistics file (stat) to see what the solar creation looks like (can also use the dview program to look a the daily profiles)