RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Saving the log file

If the "pause" is turned on in the EPlaunch run option, at each pause the DOS screen can be copied and saved using the mouse buttons, right click and pop up.

If an extra pause is added to the end of  the EPlus Batch file, then the whole process can be saved.

If you start the batch file from the command line,
then    \ ..... bat  para1, para2, ...  >> EP001.log

will suppress the DOS display and spool the output to the EP001.log file.  May be confusing, if the pause is on at the same time.

In the older windows the DOS screen can be preserved in the DOS profile option selection.  These are not there any more after the WindowsME version.

Normally, the log ( copy and save using the mouse buttons) up to the second pause is good enought, as the activity after that is mainly house keeping and deleting intermediate files.

If you are a DOS user, write a short batch file to simulated the parameters passed from EPlaunch and add a pause at the end of your own batch file to view the DOS screen and then save it and close..

 Dr. Li