[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Eplus

Hi Jean,

"Air Loop Zemin Supply Side Outlet 1" is the exit node of the cooling coil. I am applying 14 deg C setpoint due to reference building definition in "G.3.1.2.8 Design Air Flow Rates" of ASHRAE 90.1. According to "G.3.1.2.8 Design Air Flow Rates" the temperature difference between supply air temperature and room air temperature shall be 11 C. The cooling setpoint temperature of rooms is 25 C so supply air temperature shall be 14 C. Also the heating setpoint temperature of rooms is 21 C so supply air temperature shall be 33 C.

I changed the sequencing as fan than heating coil than cooling coil. Then the errors about controlling cooling coil disappeared and consumption of the cooling coils and heating coils decreased. However, heating coils go on consuming electric energy during cooling season. I think it is impossible when I thinking of the weather data of Izmir, Turkey. Because, the temperature of Izmir becomes 36 C in summers and humidity is too high.

I sent you the objects about heating coil:

Coil:Heating:Electric

Name Air Loop Zemin AHU Heating Coil
Availability Schedule Name 10019
Efficiency 1.00
Nominal Capacity autosize
Air Inlet Node Name Air Loop Zemin AHU  Supply Fan Air Outlet Node
Air Outlet Node Name Air Loop Zemin AHU Heating Coil Air Outlet Node
Temperature Setpoint Node Name Air Loop Zemin Supply Side Outlet 1

SetpointManager:Scheduled

Name Setpoint Manager/1
Control Variable Temperature
Schedule Name 10028
Setpoint Node or NodeList Name Air Loop Zemin Demand Side Inlet 1

Schedule:Compact

Name 10028
Schedule Type Limits Name Any Number
Field 1 Through: 12/31
Field 2 For: AllDays
Field 3 Until: 24:00
Field 4 33
I tried to removed heating setpoint manager than I rın the simulation. However there were no changes in the results about heating consumption. Is the setpoint node (Air Loop Zemin Demand Side Inlet 1) of heating setpoint manager wrong ?

Best regards