RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] internal loads

For Mohammed

When I command on the ignoring of the proper use of schedule type I was referring to the finished IDF.

The Exercise1IDF was used as five tutorial in a class.     ALWAYS 4, ALWAYS 20, ALWAYS 24 was initially used to illustrate the use of a compact schedule as a constant.
==========================
  ZoneControl:Thermostat,
ZONE ONE Thermostat, !- Name
ZONE ONE, !- Zone or ZoneList Name
ALWAYS 4, !- Control Type Schedule Name

    ThermostatSetpoint:DualSetpoint, !- Control 1 Object Type
Office Thermostat Dual SP Control; !- Control 1 Name
  ThermostatSetpoint:DualSetpoint,
Office Thermostat Dual SP Control, !- Name
ALWAYS 20, !- Heating Setpoint Temperature Schedule Name
ALWAYS 24; !- Cooling Setpoint Temperature Schedule Name

---------------------------
hese are later changed to different names.

ZoneControl:Thermostat  will later be changed to  a seasonal Control Type with a different name and content.   Inside the schedule may have  1 for Winter, 2 for Summer, 4 for Spring and Autumn.
After the change, the compact schedule should have a proper control type limits name in the conrol type field..

However, if the control type is not changed and kept as AnyNumber, EPlus would not give a warning.
This is the reason whay I said that the user should learn to provide the proper schedule type to improve the quality of programming, by including range checking.

Always 20  would be replaced with Htg_SetPoint_Sch,  and Always 24 would be replaced with Clg_SetPoint_Sch.  The setPoint schedule names given here are as example only.  They may be any meaningful names.

Because the field asked for a schedule, a constant value would not be accepted.  This was used as a short cut during the tutorial session.

The part I was not happy about was that after the change to the specific non constant schedule name, the type was left as AnyNumber.

You will find AlwaysON, AlwaysOFF, AlwaysOpen, AlwaysClose, as well.  May be this is done purposely  to indicate that the schedule is a constant. HOwever, the type field should be On/Off, and not "AnyNumber".
 Dr. Li