RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Mist or aerosol simulation

Seog-Chan,

I do not think it matters for the simulation whether you use HotWaterEquipment, SteamEquipment or OtherEquipment, except that they may be reported in summaries or meters differently.  Make sure that you define the “FractionLatent” correctly in all of these.

The harder part for you will be to determine the actual amount of moisture released into the space from your process.  The amount probably varies overtime and should be reflected in the Schedule Name.  Also, if the aerosol is not water or not 100% water (e.g. coolant oil) it will be important to distinguish the water portion from any other components.  EnergyPlus does not attempt to calculate or keep track of non-water aerosols.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of seogchano
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:43 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Mist or aerosol simulation

Hello All

I would like to simulate the impact caused by latent heat contained in mist or aerosol. Especially, I am considering mist or aerosol generated through machining process in manufacturing plants.

I am taking into consideration two input objects as alternatives to simulate mist or aerosol: (1) hot water equipment (2) steam equipment.

Please advise me with which input object would be appropirate in this context. Also, if possible, please share me with exemplary IDF files using these objects.

Thank you in advance

Seog-Chan