Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] EnergyPlus used for industrial buildings?

Dru,

I have not a case study but can share my experience--- I am working on a manufacturing facility and can attest to Jim's statement- However there are some facilities that have temperature sensitive requirements where they will break tools if the space is not kept within very tight temperature thresholds- (this is a good reason to model these facilities)  Also they use so much energy in manufacturing that they are not concerned with the HVAC, envelope lighting ect.. Sometimes they want to go for LEED so get a model for compliance- meaning that they can use the 25% process loads approach.  I have been pushing to get more data on the facility I am modeling- and to use the miscellanies loads objects to model the manufacturing equipment. This facility uses very efficient equipment so the idea would be to come up with a baseline set of equipment that is of "standard" efficiency, then include it in the baseline model and  see if this will get us additional credits or exemplary performance.

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951
www.phasechange.com