Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Annual Peak cooling variable ?

Li, Don't take this the wrong way- as I have eminence respect for your advise to me and others-- You do not have to be right all the time- and should make a point to fully understand the problem before you speak down at people for actual real world issues that you do apparently not understand.
RE: The hourly average value is not useful to determine smallest system size- if an option was added to the idd and accessible from idf editor to output Min or Max than the problem would be solved and it would be useful for minimizing peak loads when performing  parametric/iterative simulations. Yes a script could also solve the same issue, but then every user would have to re-do the same work over and over- so it makes more since for the developers to add the functionality.

Jeremiah D. Crossett | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile <tel:503-688-8951>503-688-8951
<http://www.phasechange.com>www.phasechange.com
<http://i.imgur.com/Sldxf.jpg>

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Jeremiah Crossett <<mailto:jcrossett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>jcrossett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The reason to add this as a feature is not for my project, but because it would be useful to be able to use the peak high/low values rather then annual hourly average for all users who do parametric or optimisation runs with objective functions of minimizing cooling or heating capacity.
>

> Jeremiah D. Crossett | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile <tel:503-688-8951>503-688-8951
<http://www.phasechange.com>www.phasechange.com
> <http://i.imgur.com/Sldxf.jpg>>
>

> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Jeremiah Crossett <<mailto:jcrossett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>jcrossett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You do realize that both Linda and Brent both already answered this post, and that they actually understood what the issue was and responded accordingly.
>> The HVAC size of 4000Btu/h is for each individual dorm room and the use of a Valance Unit ( <http://www.edwardsvalance.com/>http://www.edwardsvalance.com/ ;)
The goal of the study is to optimize the envelope to minimize cooling load so that it is close to or below this value.