RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Interior roof and floor

Each construction is complete by itwelf.

If you have only one layer, it is symmetrical, and therefore it is not necessary to reverse it.  Three or any odd  layers can also be symmetrical.

The two construction are used separately, as you have to enter their names in the respective zone object for the surface.

Dr. Ooi has shown another option.  I think there are more in the I/O manual.

If there is only one  material between the zones, you will use the same construction name for both ot the zone surfaces.   The two thickness will bet be added together.  When you have more than one layer of different material, layer one is always the outer most layer.  That was the reason for declaring the construction order again.  The vector direction for the two zones are different.

If you call therm with different names,  floor (normal ) will appear in the upper zone surface,  and roof (reversed) will appear in the lower zone.  So only one of them will be used at a time.

What Dr. Ooi pointed out is that the EPlus automatically reverse a constuction, if you use the correct option in the fields.   The normal one used the standard declaration.  The reverse one use the special option.

 Dr. Li

&