[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How to integrate the simulation model with the real data
- To: "EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How to integrate the simulation model with the real data
- From: "Yan, Ying" <yiy11005@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 22:52:26 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 18 May 2013 17:01:48 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1368918107; bh=TGTGpC8AKjXKDkk7uCLVt0K2Y8hfHkblOic8mkWBsEg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:Message-ID:References:In-Reply-To:Accept-Language:Content-Language:X-MS-Has-Attach:X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=RDgcTgswshc7m371h97/D5U/iFuUg3Z+dhxZSrLbELDJksOUDAXtzVN5KyPzmhA2X6ydYGoOmLchlvb2uazhmft1L+jzySYTH2Ed4M1VgXLvjuHu1RY1Cn0Wy6bN9FGezp/Nye4Ajnw+gyi1pgEiKNEpsLXF+2H5hhTCw/tp0lU=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1368918106; bh=lBRBq0MS3FsQCOiYDxShvCxujZyVorLp8Qi9w1vKcMY=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:Date:Message-ID:References:In-Reply-To:Accept-Language:Content-Language:X-MS-Has-Attach:X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=qIM2MP8j7hGyhrpxduoKaKXwiYT8n1NvEDgvtFYez3SDfnntmp+EVP1xivw5txRPX9O6JaxnDA3VLmusPAUakRG2X2KDLJjKQr2InKGGPUrPHeq4JtcIKu4LoiS3OMwk0gs6HiWDgERrnpXqutAxG8hsRdg9PdZ9ji79uGrKntM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=tmNB8abQmnGgnG4cIKtUqF46rNa8KYJPB8DrOBuwF+KKi4udA+HYMbj9hqU7IVWlJWmF62lI69y8g+lTS+rvpTHrcQ/T9lzv39SMjS6QYiauGMxDufyTQ35e/tSAyY9Zhatsa0W7552wFBhIX+LkJthK8jJ5eqHHF9bwp5FBOLE=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <kn6g55+2l0c@eGroups.com>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportemail@example.com>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <CAPsP_xSZX_txBXemNtWGLW+zUhpQk5PwL-mWhHV_fR7DSx3g6w@mail.gmail.com>,<kn6g55+2l0c@eGroups.com>
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AQHOUm0bIxFkKWTQCU+yKDt9JnhKG5kJwzgAgAAPxwCAAH/DgIABOdjF
- Thread-topic: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How to integrate the simulation model with the real data
Hello Dr. Li and JC,
Thank you so much for your reply. Both JC's method and Dr. Li's method are for dealing with real data of weather or buildings. However, now I want to integrate both real data of several HVAC components such as chillers or AHUs and building conditions in the simulation model. I do not know how to integrate real data of HVAC components in the simulation model? Should I use the same method as JC suggested or method Dr. Li suggested? Thank you so much!
Electrical & Computer Engineering
School of Engineering
University of Connecticut
From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Li,YuanLu [yli006@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 7:57 PM
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How to integrate the simulation model with the real data
What JC has said is theoretically possible. In practice there are many hidden unknown. Dr.Ooi used a 30 channel data logger to collect local outdoor temperature and building temperature values and not get much consistent result. There were too many averaging in the simulation input data.
I suggested the weather file matching method, which was quite easy to use.
The question is how accurate do you expect the match, how much local data are available.
--- In <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com>EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jeremiah Crossett <jcrossett@...> wrote:
> Place a minimum of two sensors on the inside and outside of each surface
> then use the average. If possible have your sensors bin data in hourly
> increments and note if the data is binned to the beginning or end of the
> hour. For the outside surface use other side coefficients and a schedule to
> replace the outside average surface temps.
> Use your measured weather data to modify your .EPW file, at a minimum your
> outdoor drybulb, but could also do humidity and direct solar.
> Then, use an ideal loads HVAC system and use your hourly zone mean
> air temperature for setpoints.
> The result would be the blend of measured and modeled data.
> *Jeremiah D. Crossett | Senior Analyst | Phase Change Energy Solutions*
> 120 E. Pritchard St. | Asheboro, NC 27203 | Mobile 503-688-8951
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Li,YuanLuÃ¦ Å½Ã¥â€¦Æ'Ã¥â€¦Â <yli006@...>wrote:
> > **
> > There is no meaning in integrating any measured data into EPlus simulation
> > without the complete set of environment data.
> > EPlus only has one value for a large wall, for example. Where do you place
> > the sensor to get the wall temperature?
> > Dr. Ooi has investigate many cases in his PhD research. Local weather data
> > helped to provide some results.
> > What you should do is to find a day in the weather file which has the same
> > (as near as possible for three OD temperature) condition as the day and
> > time when the measurements were make and then compare the values. This was
> > done by curve matching using the resultViewer.
> > Hope this help
> > Dr.Li.
> > --- In <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support%40yahoogroups.com> EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Yan, Ying" <yiy11005@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > I built a simulation model of a building. Now we obtained several real
> > data from sensors installed in the building such as the temperature, the
> > humidity ratio, and etc. I want to replace part of the simulation model by
> > these real data which means the hybrid simulation model with real data will
> > get closer to the real building. My question is whether I can replace part
> > of the simulation model by real data. For instance, I knew the real data of
> > the mixed air temperature of the AHU and the discharge air temperature of
> > the AHU. How can I force these two variables to be the real data in my
> > simulation model? Thank you for giving me some suggestions!
> > >
> > > ----------------------------------------
> > > Best Regards
> > >
> > > Ying Yan
> > >
> > > Graduate Student
> > > Electrical & Computer Engineering
> > > School of Engineering
> > > University of Connecticut
> > >
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJmZGRldmJkBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzMzODc0ODgEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDA3Mzg5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3N0bmdzBHN0aW1lAzEzNjg5MTgxMDY->Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Support-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Email Delivery: Digest>Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured