Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] E+ 7.2 to E+ 8 Conversion of a group of files

Nice! Looks straightforward, good that its out there now.

Thank you.
Niraj

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Edwin Lee <leeed2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you are just trying to create the file list, then it is quite simple from the Command Prompt:
  1. Move all your files into a single (can be temporary) location
  2. Open a Command Prompt (Start Button > cmd > {enter})
  3. Change to that directory that holds the idfs (cd Folder\Folder\Folder)
  4. List the files with the dir command to make sure they are in there (type dir and press enter)
  5. Then output this list in a bare format to an lst file: (dir /B > ..\files.lst)
    1. This will output the lst file to the parent directory.  If you output it to the current directory, the files.lst file may actually get listed in the files.lst listing itself.
Maybe that's not what you wanted to know, but now it's out there anyway!

Good luck,
Edwin