Re: [Bldg-sim] Claiming refrigerated casework savings for a LEED project

Hi Jim,

Just to clarify, are those open or closed refrigerated units? (Is there a door?)

How many are we talking about? (kW or tons)

Are the compressors integrated within the unit (heat rejection within the conditioned area) or do you have condensers outside? If you do, are you also reusing waste heat to produce either hot water or heating?

When you say you have data from other stores but they are not identical, what do you mean? Isn't there a unit that is similar (or exactly the same) to those previously installed (reading your email I believe the replacements have already been made in your studied building) where you could strap a pulse meter for example for at least a couple of weeks?

Best,

--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA
Ingénieur en efficacité énergétique du bâtiment

DoYouBuzz : www.doyoubuzz.com/julien-marrec_1
LinkedIn (fr) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec/fr
LinkedIn (en) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec