Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] ASHRAE 90.1 Proposed Design

You do not need to change designed parameters. The baseline model will have mostly  prescriptive and mandatory parameters unless specified differently in Appendix G. When you demonstrate at least 10% energy savings cost against the baseline model, you are then complying with LEED-NC EAp2. It is not necessary to submit any extra compliance documentation apart from EAp2 template forms and related documents (at least Supplemental table section 1.4 and simulation reports). It is also not necessary to comply with 90.1 prescriptive requirements for LEED-NC Eap2 or EAc1.

Happy to help.
Regards,
Santiago.

Thank you very much, Santiago.

But could you please in more detail "The building must also comply with Mandatory provisions (sections x.4), this doesn't mean that the parameters are going to be equal to either Mandatory provisions for Prescriptive requirements."?
If we do not need to change/alter some parameters, how we can comply with .....?
Regards,
Sean

---In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <santiagogvelez@...> wrote :

Dear Sean,
Appendix G PRM method requires you to model proposed design as reflected by design or 'as built'  documents. The building must also comply with Mandatory provisions (sections x.4), this doesn't mean that the parameters are going to be equal to either Mandatory provisions or Prescriptive requirements.

Cheers,
Santiago.

Dear all,

"The simulation model of the proposed design shall be consistent with the design documents including proper accounting of fenestration and opaque envelope types and area; interior lighting power and controls; HVAC system type, sizes, and controls; and service hot water heating systems and controls."

Some other interpretation says "must be exactly as shown on design drawings/documents" (sorry, cannot find where now).

My question is: do these settings need to be modified in order to comply with the Standard's mandatory provisions and prescriptive requirements (such as envelope U-factors, efficiencies of HVAC systems)? My initial thought was we just need to follow the statements shown in first and second paragraphs above, which implies the settings in proposed design can be arbitrary. It looks like I am wrong.

Anybody is clear with it, please give a direction. Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Sean

Posted by: Santiago Velez <santiagogvelez@xxxxxxxxx>