From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:04 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Water Heater for Domestic Hot Water and Space Heating

Hello,

I'm pretty sure your first instinct was right.

I think you can have your boiler feed into the space heating loop and having a waterheater:mixed that gets charged with boiler as well.

Could you post your idf or at least the relevant sections?

Best,
Julien

--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA
Energy&Sustainability Engineer

LinkedIn (en) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec
LinkedIn (fr) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec/fr

Dear all,

Despite a lot of searching in the documentation, I have not been able to find an answer to my question:

I would like to model a combined system for water-based space heating (with baseboards) and DHW.

I thought I could treat space heating and DHW with two different loops and one common WaterHeater:Mixed object.

By doing this I get the following error:

-          Same component name and type has differing Node Names.

   **   ~~~   **    Component:    WATERHEATER:MIXED, name=WATER HEATER

The message is pretty clear. However, I do not see any other possibility to model my system, since loops can only have one splitter and one mixer.

How could I do this?

I would be grateful for any advice on how to procede.

Posted by: "Edward G. Lyon" <EGLyon@xxxxxxx>