Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Incident Beam Solar Radiation vs. Direct Solar Radiation Face

The beam solar on the weather files is direct normal, i.e., the amount staring straight at the sun (but don't keep your eyes there for too long :-)).  The solar radiation received on a horizontal roof would be reduced by the sine of the solar altitude.  An easy way to get the direct horizontal would be simply to subtract the diffuse horizontal from the global (total) horizontal on the weather file.  I haven't looked at your files.  Let me know if I'm wrong :-0

Joe
Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A