[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[EnergyPlus_Support] Development of a third-party program for EnergyPlus





Hi all, 


I am wondering what is the process to follow if one want to develop a third party plug-in for EnergyPlus in order to model a type of behavior which is not taken account as of today?

I am not experienced yet in this software which is why I am asking this here today. But I am targeting it as I read that its open structure allows for an easy implementation of third-party software. 


How "easy" is it? Can anyone do it, or does it maybe need to be approved by EnergyPlus for example? Can it then simply be loaded as a plug-in in EnergyPlus?

I did not really manage to find clear information about it. 


For TRNSYS for example, the process is fairly easy and it is simply a new Type that has been coded, that can then simply be used in the software interface as any other existing Type of the software (if you are a bit familiar with TRNSYSâ?? interface). The code itself set apart, the process is rather straightforward.  

I would now be able to do the same in EnergyPlus and am gathering information about the procedure to follow. 

I can unfortunately not detail much more the aim of the third-party tool so far as it is still rather confidential, but I do hope this can be developed and released easily!


Thank you very much for your help on this. 


Nils


 



__._,_.___

Posted by: nils.rage@xxxxxxxxx


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___