[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Simulation of adaptive facades

Dear Fabio,

thanks for your response! I was on holiday in the last 3 weeks ?

I already know your papers by researching in the field of simulation of adaptive facades and it was your paper which encouraged us to solve the problem with the thermal history ;)

We try to solve the optimization of the variable parameters of our adaptive facade with grasshopper.

My problem is the thermal history during the simulation. We want to start a new simulation period for each timestep (hourly) after the optimization process. To consider the thermal history for the initial boundary conditions of the previous timestep we have to manipulate energy plus.

How did you solve this problem with energy plus? Did you use EMS or other tools? Could you give me some detailled information to solve the thermal history problem with energy plus?

Thanks and best regards
Sebastian

Posted by: sebastiansautter@xxxxxxxxx