Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: AirTerminal:SingleDuct:ParallelPIU LEED ASHRAE

Francesco,

Marcus and I agree:
Perhaps we're understanding some terms differently? "Available" does not mean the fan is actually running in the E+ program; it means that it is permitted to run if needed for temperature control or other reasons.  Have you used output:variables to monitor what is happening?

The Night Cycle Manager has a similar feature.
Inline image 1
  1. The Applicability Schedule determines when AvailabilityManager:NightCycle is used.
  2. The Fan Schedule identifies the "occupied" and "unoccupied" periods.
  3. Then the :NightCycle control turns on the fan when schedule #1 is "ON", schedule #2 is in  the "unoccupied" period AND the zone needs heating or cooling.
I hope that helps and is not too basic - I think I may be missing part of the reason for your questions.