[EnergyPlus_Support] HeatExchanger:Desiccant:BalancedFlow wrong temperature and humidity results

Hello everybody,

I want to modelise a desiccant system, so I've studied the object HeatExchanger:Desiccant:BalancedFlow. First I've determined the performance coefficient (B1,B2,...,B8) and (C1,C2,...,C8) by solving equation system. So with the humidity et temperature equation given in Engineering Reference Document I'm able to determine the output of this system for every input with excel for instance.

In order to test my performance parameters using E+, I've built a simulation where inputs of the desiccant object are fixed so I can see what are output air condition for defined inputs. As I have theoretical equations in excel, I can calculate results with simulation conditions but I have never found the same result. Error on temperature can be about 10°C and for humidity 5g/kg for instance.

Has someone already seen this problem ?

Thank you !

Posted by: tommathelin@xxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at: