[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Set conditions for return airflow

My goal is kind of complicated, but I will try my best to explain:

I am in charge of performance calculations regarding an air handling unit dual flow (with a rotative heat exchanger).
In my calculations, I have my air handling unit with my supply flow, my zone (with heat and humidity loads), and my return flow in my air handling unit. I am supposed to give, in the end, the consumptions of my air handling unit in terms of electricity and heat.

For a specific project, there will be an additional system into the zone which will complete the action of my air handling unit to achieve the performance goals in terms of temperature and humidity.

For various reasons, I will not be modeling the action of this additional system which is not under my responsability. But I have to consider the influence of this additional system for my consumption calculations: as my handling unit is dual flow with a rotative heat exchanger, if I don't consider that the air at the inlet of my return flow has been treated by this additionnal system, it penalizes my air handling unit consumptions calculations because I will have more work to do to achieve performances with a "bad" air return flow....

To summarize: I will be regulating my temperature and humidity ratio into my zone but I won't be able to achieve performance goals; but I have to consider that they are achieved regarding my air return flow into my air handling unit...

Pauline.

Posted by: pauline.couvrat@xxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at: