Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Thermal Comfort

1.  The weather conditions and the HVAC system response can change
every timestep.  Would this explain the changes you are seeing?

2.  The thermal comfort models in EnergyPlus do not limit the
reported values in order to draw attention to times when the comfort
conditions in the space have become unbearable.  Check your values
for activity level, clothing level, air velocity, zone air
temperature, and mean radiant temperature.

Mike

On 2 Oct 2003, at 9:03, Tata Yohana wrote:

>  Dear all,
>
> I'm doing research on thermal comfort of the building, and use
> EnergyPlus software for simulation.
>
> My model just use natural ventilation. and I run simulation just for
> one day. and I get results for thermal sensation scale. I'm using 6
> timestep in hour. From the scale of thermal sensation I get a big
> fluctuation for scale in one hour, and it happen for all hours. it's
> possible? and I know I don't make a change in that hour for the
> shedule, because from schedule we just change in hour, that's right?
>
> And from manual I read that most thermal comfort prediction models use
> seven or nine point thermal sensation scale, with range -3..+3/-4..+4.
> I read Fanger comfort model use seven point thermal sensation scale,
> what about Pierce Two node model and KSU two node model. And from
> simulation I can get for thermal sensation scale, Fanger, Pierce and
> KSU, out of that range? I get 10, 12, ... or more for thermal sensaion
> scale. Why did it can happen?
>
> Thank you for your attention, and I do hope for reply in the future
>
> Tata

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support