Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Room is cooled (to setpoint) obviously but report gives cooling = 0

Please upload or send your idf file (zipped, to energyplus-
support@xxxxxxxx).  The max iteration errors indicate that there is
an error in the connections in your system or invalid control
settings.  Check the err file. Are there any node connection errors
or orphan branches?

The zone/sys sensible cooling rate should be different from the
sensible water cooling rate.  The first one is the net cooling
delivered to the zone.  The second is the gross cooling load on the
coil and will include ventilation loads and fan heat load.

Mike

On 9 Oct 2003, at 7:18, waspoorboy wrote:

> Yes, the cooling coil shows a load.
> Air Loop Temperature as it should and flowrate looks ok.
> But the PLANT LOOP, CoolingCoilBranch, CoolingSupplyBranch,
> the flowrates are all zero. (Temperatures are correct as set.)
> In other words, I have a working cooling coil which
> requires no chilled water...
>
> I also noticed that Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate[W](Hourly)
> has up to 10+% difference with Sensible Water Cooling Coil Rate[W]
>
> Ming
>

> > Does the cooling coil show a load?
> >
> > Mike
> >

> > > I finally got the system running.
> > > [Single duct VAV, no reheat, 1 cooling coil and Purchased Chilled
> > > Water only]
> > >
> > > The error message now become
> > > SimHVAC: Maximum iterations exceeded for all HVAC loops
> > > SimHVAC: Exceeding max iterations continues...350
> > >
> > > Output shows the room is cooled to my setpoint 21C.
> > > So obviously the VAV:No Reheat cools the room,
> > > or at least something cools the room.
> > >
> > > But the following are all ZERO, >_<
> > > PURCHASEDCHILLEDWATERLOOP:Plant Loop Cooling Demand[W](Hourly)
> > > PURCHASEDCHILLEDWATER#1:Purchased Cooling Rate[W](Hourly)
> > > PURCHASEDCHILLEDWATER#1:Purchased Cooling Mass Flow Rate[kg/s]
> > >
> > > I suspect the error is in the water loop, not the air loop,
> > > but no idea at all.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions how / where I might continue my debug ?
> > >
> > > Thanks again.
> > > Ming

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:
>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
> appropriate folder in the Files are of the Support Web Site.
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support