[EnergyPlus_Support] Question about Zoning.

Hi all,
I am a beginner in EnergyPlus. I have read the documentation that comes with
the installation. I am having some doubts about how to zone a building. For
example:

                                   Room 1       |    Room 2
                                     Room 3     |    Room 4

In the above building, suppose I have a single air handler for room 1 and
room 4 and as a result would like to group them as a single zone. How would
I describe the zone. Can I just describe the zone to have 12 surfaces
(assuming the rooms are rectangular), and give thier respective vertices, or
is there any other method. If it is just describing the surfaces, would that
hold good for rooms in different floors too.

Thanks for your reply.

Shantanu